Wrongful Death Lawyers in Orlando, FL Involving Car Collisions
Having to drive is required for the majority of people. Individuals have to either go to work, go grocery shopping, or perform other activities. There are many states where public transportation is not reliable and can become a hassle for many. People turn to using their own vehicle. Throughout the years, the usage of vehicles has increased and with this increase, so has the number of motorist’s accidents.
Driving a vehicle is more dangerous than flying in a plane, which is a fact that many people do not consider. Along with driving already being dangerous, the increase of distractions and negligent driving has been a cause for concern. In fact, the U.S Department of Transportation reported that in 2014, almost half a million people (413,000) were injured in a car crash and 3,179 died from the impact of the crash. The sad part is that the majority of drivers who are dying and getting injured are teenagers and young adults. What is the underlying cause for this?
Many studies have indicated many issues that can be attributed to more car accidents. When the action or omission of an individual causes a person to crash and subsequently dies from the collision, they can be deemed responsible and sued under a wrongful death claim. The Orlando Wrongful Death lawyers focus on victims of car accidents who were killed by another person’s negligent and or reckless actions. The families of these individuals need to speak with the firm today to review their case.
Who is Found Guilty for Wrongful Death Following a Car Accident?
There are endless reasons for car accidents. Because there are so many reasons that a vehicle collision can occur, there are also many parties that can be responsible for the crash. Here are some parties that can be found guilty for the preventable car collision:
Another driver: A driver can commit many errors with the way they are driving. A driver might be inexperienced and still decides to go on a busy road, the driver might be texting and driving, the driver might be driving under the influence and many more negligent acts. A mistake by another driver can be the reason that an innocent person dies.
Car Manufacturer: This can be associated with a defective product. There could be times that a car malfunctions which causes a person to lose control of their vehicle. Safety and tests need to be done by the car manufacturer before selling the products to their consumers.
The designer of the road: When a highway or street has a defect, a crash is bound to happen. If the road was made in a way where it might be too narrow or contains a sharp turn, people might miscalculate and either crash into the median or crash into another car. Designers of the road should design the road in a way that they are 100% sure that no one will get into an accident because of the way the road has been created.
Maintenance crew: The maintenance crew could be held liable if they do not maintain the roads as they should be. For example, if branches or hazardous objects fall on the street, they need to immediately act and clean it up so no driver stumbles upon it. Any debris or hazardous object on a street needs to be cleaned up immediately before anyone gets hurt.
Actions That Lead to Vehicle Collisions Resulting in Death
Studies have found many reasons for vehicle crashes. As mentioned above, these reasons can be caused by different individuals. Here are some causes of accidents:
- Distracted Driving: This is actually one of the biggest causes for motorist accidents. Drivers are becoming more distracted while they are traveling. Some forms of distractions include texting and driving(major cause), applying makeup on, eating or drinking, looking at the GPS, talking to other passengers in the vehicle, listening to music, not focusing on the driving but rather thinking about personal problems, and many more distractions. Drivers need to focus on driving, not other activities that they should be doing at home, but conveniently do in their cars due to the lack of time.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving is quite different to distracted driving because with reckless driving a driver is deliberately committing an act that can create an accident. Some of those actions include speeding, passing a red light, not stopping at a stop sign, and racing. Basically, not following the traffic laws.
- Inexperienced Drivers: More accidents are consisting of young drivers. Young drivers do not have the same experience as an older driver. There are many things that could happen on the road where an inexperienced driver might not know how to react.
- Defects of the car or road: Although these reasons do not happen as often as distracted driving, they still happen. Cars with defects or roads that were improperly designed or constructed can cause accidents. Both of these parties have to ensure that they are doing their job correctly before having anyone use their product or street.
- Intoxication: Drunk drivers create many accidents. People who consume alcohol or drugs should not be driving. They need to be clear minded and not get behind the wheel. Not only can they kill another person, but they can also kill themselves. Drinking and driving do not mix.
Any of these causes can create an accident that consequently leads to a drivers or pedestrians wrongful death. These are all reasons to file a wrongful death claim in Orlando. These actions should not be occurring, especially with a number of accidents that are already occurring on a daily basis.
Helping Victims of Car Collisions Ending in Disaster
Although the family members of a victim who dies from a car collision are not physically hurt, they are still entitled to be compensated for the emotional trauma and financial expenses that they will be faced with. A wrongful death case is not easy to decipher because it is composed of many laws and regulations. Our personal injury law firm in a Miami has a group of skilled wrongful death lawyers involving car accidents that have helped countless families gain compensation. The actions a person takes today can influence their tomorrow. Driving should be done carefully and while taking preventative measures.