Mount Sanai Medical Center is the largest non-profit institution in South Florida. The medical facility was opened in the year 1949 and since then has been servicing millions of people. It is located on 4300 Alton Road in Miami Beach, Florida and contains six locations throughout Miami-Dade County including:
836 Ponce de Leon Boulevard, Suite 200
Coral Gables, FL 33134
2845 Aventura Boulevard
Aventura, FL 33180
3200 Ponce de Leon Boulevard
Coral Gables, FL 33134
2150 W. 68 Street, Suite 100
Hialeah, FL 33016
200 Crandon Boulevard, Suite 300
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
7000 W 12 Ave. #4
Hialeah, FL 33014
10990 Biscayne Blvd, #19
Miami, FL 33161
1684 NE Miami Gardens Drive,
North Miami Beach, FL 33179
Mount Sanai Medical Center can provide care and treatment for up to 672 patients at one time. Mount Sanai is composed of more than 700 physicians, and 3,500 employees. From the vast majority of locations listed above, our competent medical malpractice lawyers in Miami, FL know that with more locations and more employees, medical mistakes are inevitable; a medical malpractice will take place and a medical malpractice lawsuit can proceed. Some services offered here can exert these mistakes including:
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease Clinic
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Arthritis & Rheumatology
- Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery
- Behavioral Health / Psychiatry
- Childbirth & Community Classes
- Colon Rectal Surgery
- Comprehensive Breast Center
- Dental Care & Oral Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Gastroenterology (GI) and Hepatology
- General Surgery
- Geriatric House Calls Program
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- International Patient Center
- Interventional Cardiology
- Interventional Radiology
Have any of these services offered through Mount Sanai Medical Center caused you an injury, pain and suffering or the death of a loved one? Seek professional legal help with Percy Martinez that is focused on medical malpractice. A medical malpractice lawsuit can be an option and a road that you should take if damages came to you due to a negligent medical provider at Mount Sanai Medical Center.
Elements Needed for a Solid Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
What many individuals fail to understand is that a medical malpractice lawsuit does not simply come to be just because a health care professional committed a medical negligence. Even with a medical negligent action/inaction that is apparent to everyone, the action or failure to act that the physician committed must have amounted to some substantial damage to the victim.
For example: Let’s say that you went in to run some tests because you believe that you have some condition that needs treatment. The doctor fails to diagnose you with anything, but you go to another doctor and they diagnose you with bronchitis due to your obvious symptoms and lab results received. The first doctor would have been considered to have been negligent in failing to diagnose you, but because you did not sustain any injuries/damages due to that negligence, that negligence would not be enough evidence for a medical malpractice lawsuit. In other words, a case of a medical malpractice will not be valid unless you have sustained damages for non-economic and economic.
So, let’s see what is needed to file a valid one:
- You need to have been treated or cared for by the alleged physician (duty towards you)
- Clear demonstration of how the physician was negligent (Broke duty of care)
- Proving how the negligence was what caused the injuries you now have
- Must have substantial damages
Expert Miami, FL medical malpractice attorneys at Percy Martinez Law Firm know and understand all the necessary elements required in order to prove a valid case for a medical malpractice lawsuit against Mount Sanai Medical Center. They never fail at what they do. Remember, medical malpractice claims are not easy to win, and you need skilled legal representation to be able to achieve one.
What Situations of Medical Malpractice You Can Wind Up In
Becoming knowledgeable about certain subjects like medical malpractice is an excellent way to prevent yourself or a loved one in becoming a victim of that possible situation. The more you know about the dangers that are present, the more odds are that you will avoid that danger. Percy Martinez Law Firm best medical malpractice lawyers in Miami, FL have seen their clients go through a number of medical negligences that you should become aware of. Medical malpractice is an issue that is becoming more and more present in today’s medical world. Some instances of medical malpractice that can occur at Mount Sanai Medical Center include:
- Medical malpractice lawsuit for errors in diagnosis: Were you aware that the number of people that go undiagnosed amounts to twelve million every year in the US? Shocking, right? How are errors in diagnosis so prevalent? We believe in these professionals that are telling us we have something or do not have anything, yet, they are wrong. The potential risks and possible fatality resulting from misdiagnosis is high when a lack of treatment happens. Some conditions are time-sensitive like cancer and need a correct diagnosis. Our attorney medical malpractice experts have attributed errors in diagnosis to miscommunication between medical providers, physicians lacking expertise, physician not recognizing symptoms, or physician not order enough tests for the patient.
- Medical malpractice lawsuit for failure to obtain inform consent: A fact in medicine that many are unfamiliar with is that physicians are supposed to tell their patients of the possible risks associated with certain procedures and any other options they can take instead of it. If a physician fails to do this and decides to go on with the procedure, that means that they did not obtain informed consent. If in that case the patient endures damages during that specific procedure, then the patient can claim that they were not aware of those risks and file a lawsuit for lack of informed consent.
- Medical malpractice lawsuit for incompetent surgery: There are various surgical mistakes that can amount to a medical malpractice lawsuit. In fact, did you know that those claimed as defendants in medical malpractice lawsuits are composed of 1/3 surgeons? In other words, for about every three cases of medical malpractice, one named defendant will be a surgeon. Even the surgery that seems “easy” is extremely delicate. Anything can go wrong during a surgery, particularly if the surgical team is being negligent. Miami, FL great medical malpractice lawyers have found that fatigue, drugs, lack of communication, and negligence often leads to this medical malpractice. Surgeons deal with life and death situations and should take it seriously.
Just take into account that this is a portion of all the possible encounters of medical malpractice. There is a whole spectrum of possible scenarios. Don’t let yourself become a victim of medical malpractice. Learn of all the possible situations that you or a loved one can end up in. Some other situations could be:
- Hospital negligence
- Birth injuries
- Errors with your medication
- Not performing needed tests
- Delaying treatment
- Failing to intubate properly
- Not monitoring vital signs; and
Case of Medical Malpractice at Mount Sanai Medical Center
- A woman was admitted to Mount Sanai Medical Center in order to undergo a surgical procedure in her spine; she wanted to repair a herniated disc. During the procedure, something went wrong: the surgeon had to perform an additional surgery to repair a fluid leak in her spine. During the procedure, the surgeon injected her with methylene blue, but this drug clearly states that it is not intended to be used for the type of surgery, yet they still used it. As a result of this negligence, the woman developed arachnoiditis where she is in severe pain and unable to walk. As compensation, the woman was awarded 38$ million.
Mount Sanai Medical Center Experienced Miami, FL Malpractice Attorneys
Percy Martinez Law Firm has expertise in the scope of medical malpractice. They have helped many victims successfully file medical malpractice lawsuits and will be no different with medical malpractice lawsuits against Mount Sanai Medical Center. They focus on supporting their clients emotionally and legally. They will consult with their medical experts to aid you in gathering as much compensation as possible. We want those who were negligent during your care to pay for what they have done. We know that money might not be able to repair the damage that has been done, but it will help with the financial burden that you might have to go through. We will be your voice and fight for your rights. Contact your professional medical malpractice attorneys in Miami, FL today.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mount+sinai+medical+center&client=firefox-b-1-ab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjM9ZmbycTdAhVwp1kKHYLGDfEQ_AUIECgD&biw=1907&bih=953#imgdii=bmZcr9j7tlJdYM:&imgrc=CWO3VYZb5cvcpM: – image