Taking a trip through a Carnival Cruise ship may be a dream come true for some people or a reoccurring one for others. These aquatic vessels have many different activities that most passengers want to experience, along with the ability to visit places all around the world. You might be having the time of your life when suddenly while participating in one of these activities, you get hurt. Some of the activities that a passenger can get hurt in include:
- Concerts or comedy performances
- IMAX movie experience
- Water park
- Sky riding
- Many more…
Most of these activities are either unsupervised or lack the adequate personnel for supervision. They either bring an employee that doesn’t know how to respond if someone was injured, or doesn’t know how to prevent things from happening. Along with a lack of quality security, the medical assistance might be just first aid quality. Injuries that fall under the maritime law are very difficult in nature.
If you have been injured while at sea on a Carnival Cruise ship, the Cruise ships negligence will have to pay for your damages. Our knowledge of over 2 decades with cruise ship claims has proven positive results for the victims. We know all the procedures involved with maritime law.
Injuries from Carnival Cruise Ship
Carnival Cruise Line has many different vessels such as, Carnival Vista, Carnival Magic, Carnival Breeze, Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Dream, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Valor, Carnival Victory, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Glory, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Elation, Carnival Pride, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Legend, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Miracle, and Carnival Horizon that is coming out in 2018. Just imagine how much revenue Carnival Cruise Ships make a year.
Each of these ships sail set to different locations, they depart from different places, their cruise length varies, their passenger capacity depends on which ship you are on, and different injuries can be sustained on each ship. Most of these cruise ships can hold more than 3,000 passengers, which usually results in more harms. The most common harms you will find on a Carnival Cruise line ship are the following:
- Slipping and falling by the pool area, in the showers, and down the stairs
- Back trauma
- Herniated disks from heavy lifting
- Sexual Assault
- Broken arms, legs, ankles, hands, and shoulder
- Head Trauma-Concussions
These injuries can derive from different areas of the cruise ship. You can even get injured if you have drunk too much, which makes you more susceptible to injuries, especially on a cruise ship that may have more than 3,000 passengers. As a passenger and a crew member, being vigilant of your surroundings is a very important factor in trying to stay safe.
Cases of Injuries/Overboard on Carnival Cruise Ship
- 33 passengers out of 3,143, sued Carnival Cruise line in 2013 after being adrift for many days due to an engine fire. They are suing for $5,000 each month for the rest of their lives. The passengers were stuck for five days without running water or electricity. They had no cooked food and human waste was everywhere in the hallways. The demands include medical expenses and mental anguish.
- A 33-year-old woman named Samantha Brogerg, tumbled backwards from the deck railing falling inside the water. The cameras showed that she was sitting on the deck railing and fell at 2 a.m. The U.S Coast Guard was not made aware of the situation until 5 P.M because they had not been notified. There was a long search of 20 hours for Samantha, but she was nowhere to be found.
- A 14-year-old girl on an 8-day cruise on Carnival Caribbean was raped by a crewmember. This occurred in 2009. The criminal was only sentenced to 37-months in prison.
- A female passenger was sexually assaulted while aboard the Carnival Magic. This occurred at approximately 1:30 a.m. She was assaulted by another unknown female in the ladies’ bathroom.
- A passenger slipped and fell on a deck that was very hazardous, causing a fracture to her bone in her foot. The Carnival Imagination, lacked the proper security measures.
Throughout the years, there are many cases that go unreported, or covered up by the cruise line itself. They want to avoid being in the news headlines for any injuries or deaths that may have occurred on their cruise ship.
Statistics on Carnival Cruise Line
You will be surprised to find that even with a popular cruise line, injuries, deaths, missing people, and crimes do occur on them. Here are a couple of statistics involving Carnival Cruise line:
- Since the year 2000, there has been 58 cases of people who have gone overboard on Carnival Cruise Line Ships.
- Sexual assault cases happen frequently
Meet with us Today If You Were a Victim
If you know someone, or have yourself been hurt during your stay on a Carnival Cruise ship, pick up your phone now and call us at (305) 529-0001. With maritime cases, there are statues of limitations which limit your time in filing a claim after enduring injuries. As your attorneys, we would fight for all your medical expenses, pain and suffering, loss of wages, and any future expenses because of your injury.
We have had countless number of cases involving people who have been injured on Carnival Cruise Line. Our masterful team of professionals will work through your every need. This is a difficult time for you, don’t make it harder by trying to do this on your own. You need the advice of someone who has dealt with these types of incidents. By contacting us, you will receive assistance and advice from one of us at Percy Martinez law firm.
Related Cruise Ship Accident Services
- Cruise Ship Sexual Assault & Rape
- Cruise Ship Injury or Death
- Cruise Ship Slip and Fall
- Crew Member Accident
- Crew Member Arbitration
- Defective Cruise Ship Equipment
- Cruise Ship Passenger Accident
- Stair Case Accident Cruise Ship
- Missing Person Cruise Ship
- Sliding Door Cruise Ship Accident
- Tender Boat Accident
- Gangway Accidents
Related Cruise Line Injuries