Nursing home abuse is a serious issue and is rapidly growing all across the United States of America. According to the records, 1 in 20 nursing patients in the nursing homes are a victim of abuse. If you or a loved one has suffered from nursing home abuse, consult a Miami nursing home abuse lawyer right away.
Hold the responsible nursing home abuse parties accountable
You have the legal right to hold the negligent party responsible for the wrongful death or the grave injury of the loved one living in the nursing home. Most of these cases are carried out by the inexperienced or the under qualified staff members working at the nursing homes.
Senior citizens are often frail, and the nursing home is negligent
Due to their old age and fragile health conditions, the elderly citizens are unable to provide for themselves and thus, with such negligence or medical malpractice, they cannot survive for a longer period. At times, numerous suspicious wrongful deaths occur at the nursing homes due to malnutrition and dehydration. There is a drastic increase of Miami nursing home abuse lawyers who are specializing in this particular field to handle these cases.
Nursing Home Abuse is Illegal in the State of Florida
Nursing home abuse is considered a crime under the state law of Florida. It is the duty of the caretakers to care for the elderly with empathy, concern, consideration, and respect. If a family member suspects the nursing home is abusing their families, the first thing they should do is to talk to a Miami nursing home abuse lawyer before it’s too late or before the nursing home sweeps the matter under the table.
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse:
The following are the signs of nursing home abuse and neglect:
- Frequent infections can indicate that the staff at the nursing home is failing to follow proper hand wash and other cleaning techniques.
- Physical neglect suggests that the staff members are not providing the residents with the necessities of their lives, for instance, bed sores.
- The residents who fall frequently.
- Isolation or withdrawal is a sign which means that the staff members are not providing the elderly resident with the proper attention and assistance he requires.
It is better for the family member that you recognize the signs soon rather than later. You would be able to save your family member along with the other elder residents at the nursing care center. Improper care of the residents and unlawful behavior and actions can be taken care of with the help of a licensed Miami nursing home abuse lawyer.
Finding the Right Nursing Home
Your foremost priority while searching for the right nursery home should be finding the nursing center that can fulfill the healthcare needs of your family member. On the other hand, here are a few things that you should consider while choosing the right nursery home:
- Make a list of the prestigious nursing homes, preferably, which is not too far from your house.
- Discuss the potential senior facilities among your friends, family, neighbors, and senior groups.
- You can search the Medicaid website or the Medicare website to get the list of certified nursing facilities.
- Make sure that the nursing home is close to the home of anyone of your family members or friends, so that someone is always there to check on them.
- Ask the administration about the visitation rights, meals, hiring practices, the staff requirements, and other such questions.
- Determine the overall quality of the nursing home, and check if your family member is happy with the place.
- Ask if the facility provides any social events for the senior citizens and other opportunities to meet with friends and other residents of the house.
It is vital for you to consider the place after asking some questions, for instance, is the facility a clean environment, is there any trained medical professional among the staff members, and make certain to ask them if they take precautions to avoid any medical emergencies. Visit the nursing home facility without informing them.
Contact a Miami Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
If you or anyone from your family is suffering from the horrors of a nursing home, then make sure that you communicate with the Miami nursing home abuse lawyers at Percy Martinez, P.A. at (305) 529-0001.