Gynecologists and Obstetricians are both specialized in medicine and focus on the health of women and expectant mothers. An obstetrician specializes with pregnant women, while a gynecologist specializes with the woman’s reproductive system. These two medical professionals are required to study and train while adopting the standard of care that every health care provider must practice. When either medical provider does not apply the standard of care when they are treating a woman or an expectant mother, the pregnant woman or woman going in for an annual check-up of her reproductive system may suffer a number of damages because medical negligence can come into the picture.
A woman’s reproductive system is a key factor in their life, especially with the many medical conditions that can surface with their reproductive system. Also, the pregnancy of a woman is a memorable moment in their life; one that should be joyful and smooth. Because these two medical professionals are extremely important in the lives of women, when a medical negligence is practiced by either one of them, the victim/s of the medical malpractice can speak with a qualified lawyer for OB-GYN medical malpractice in Fort Lauderdale that will work alongside a variety of experts to gather all evidence that is relevant to the claim and formulate a litigation for medical malpractice that will serve the purpose to make their clients whole again, or at least attempt to compensate them for their financial expenses due to the medical negligence experienced.
Medical Malpractice Can Come From the Negligence of an OB-GYN
There are numerous details involved with pregnant mothers and women that obstetricians and gynecologists must be aware of. When one detail is ignored, the consequences can be destructive towards the woman’s, mother’s, or infants health. These are the typical medical negligence that gynecologist and obstetricians tend to perform:
- Failing to diagnose a condition with expectant mother that can cause her complications during her pregnancy like gestational diabetes
- Failing to diagnose cervical cancer causing the woman to not receive the appropriate treatment
- Not ordering the indicated test for the woman and expectant mother
- Not pre-screening the patient or assessing their risk factors
- Insufficient high-quality prenatal care; and
Figures and Facts Concerning OB-GYN’s
- As of the year 2016, there were 19,800 OB-GYN’s employed
- Florida is the second state with the most employed OB-GYN’s at Approximate 1,670
- OB-GYN’s pay the highest rates of medical malpractice insurance; ranging from $85,000 to $200,00
- Between the year 1985 and 2000, OB-GYN’s had the most paid out money and claims made against them of all medical specialties
OB-GYN’s Pay The Most For Malpractice Insurance
The reason why OB-GYN’s may the most for malpractice insurance is that they are the medical providers that tend to be sued the most for malpractice. Medical negligence by these health care practitioners is quite common. Consulting with an attorney in Percy Martinez’s Fort Lauderdale Firm for OB-GYN malpractice can serve the purpose to seek justice for the damages that were inflicted upon the expectant mother, infant, or woman that was treated or cared for by an OB-GYN.