The last resort may have been to place a loved one into a nursing home facility. Everyone always believes that a loved one cannot be cared for better then they would at home which is why placing a loved one there could be difficult. While nursing homes are meant to care, treat, and look after those who reside in them, sometimes they cause the residents further damage and harm. “Everything that shines is not always gold”, is a saying that applies to nursing homes and other elderly service providers. There have been many cases reported about abuse and neglect towards the elderly of these facilities. Unfortunately, many of these victims have their health deteriorated and are further damaged mentally. Premature death is often to come to elders who have been abused or neglect due to their deteriorated health and mental condition.
Many friends and family members of residents are often ignorant to the fact that this type of pain is being inflicted upon their loved ones, which is something that grows concern to the Naples firm of nursing home abuse. The lack of knowledge and investigation of a resident’s current state in these facilities is a huge factor that increases the likelihood of a resident becoming a victim of abuse or neglect. More chances are that a nursing home resident will not be properly cared for when their family and friends lack physical interaction with them. If someone is there every day watching them, these heinous acts and neglect are least likely to take place.
Many Ways Could Cause Your Loved One To Be Abused and Neglected
Neglect or abuse in a nursing home facility is not present in just one way. In fact, there are many forms that can be seen with abuse and neglect. Some of those ways include:
- Emotional Mistreatment: Unlike physical abuse, emotional abuse is often harder to determine due to the lack of signs. This is why it is important that a resident is regularly checked on to ensure that they are not experiencing any changes in their demeanor. If there are signs of aggression, change in behavior, fear, or other elements, it might indicate that they are being subjected to emotional
- Physical Mistreatment: When someone is physically abused, it might be easy to tell because they will often display physical signs like bruises, scratches, scars, and other irregularities in their physical appearance. Because an elder is frail, just one hit, shove, or other physical act can render them incapacitated and even dead. It is important to recognize any changes in their physical appearance that was not there before.
- Financial Mishandling: Financial exploitation is another form of abuse that can take place, although it is the least dangerous one. The facility may fail to secure the assets of the resident have they have entrusted their funds. If their property is being stolen, their bank activity is irregular, or any other financial anomalies, it may suggest financial abuse.
- Sexual Abuse: While many may not believe it, the elderly are being sexually abused in nursing home facilities. How does that happen? It does. Unfortunately, numerous facilities do not take preventative measures and allow this to happen. If any bruises or bleeding is noticed in the private areas or breast area, it may mean that the resident has been sexually Even a change in character may indicate that.
Naples Nursing Home Abuse Identifiers
There may be a number of identifiable factors in a resident that is abused or neglected in any way or form. Although sometimes these signs may be difficult to determine. These are some well-known indicators of neglect or abuse:
- A resident that is persistently falling
- A resident that does not have a clean personal hygiene
- A resident that is acquiring numerous infections
- A resident that has their live space dirty
- A resident that is experiencing bedsores
- A resident that is having physical abnormalities surface like bruises
- A resident that is having changes in their financial funds
The possibility of red flags is endless. Something terribly wrong could be taking place with any little sign from above. It is always better to be safe than sorry, which is why if there is any little change in the resident, it is always smart to further investigate its origin.
Cases of Neglect and Abuse Being Uncovered in Nursing Homes
The nursing home abuse attorneys in Naples often have their spirits crushed after discovering why a resident was neglected or abused during their stay. Grasping this idea is often hard because thinking that such cruelty exists is often overlooked. There have been many reasons as to why it happens including:
- Medical negligence
- Not conducting the appropriate sanitizing methods
- Not succeeding the safety measures set in place
- Failing to correctly measure residents that are at high-risk
- Lack of employees to accomplish resident’s needs and wants
- Providers of services that are stressed with all of the demands of the job
- Failing to have proper supervision in the facility
- Not conducting background checks; and
The actions of neglect or abuse towards the elderly could never be validated. Each case of neglect and abuse that occurs in these facilities is brought on for a different reason. Due to the number of factors that takes place, it is important to assess the overall quality of a nursing home facility beforehand. A skilled personal injury law for nursing home mistreatment in Naples and assist their clients with all the information necessary.
Statistics/Information Abuse Nursing Home Facilities
A growing concerned hat should not be taken lightly is seen through the subsequent statistics:
- Realistically speaking, most incidents of abuse do not go reported
- An estimate of 9/10 of residents in nursing homes have stated some form of abandonment
- Throughout the U.S 4/10 of nursing home facilities have conveyed cases of exploitation
- 2 million reports of abuse are made every year
- About 10% of the elderly population will become a victim of abuse
Follow These Easy Steps and A Great Weight Is Lifted From Your Shoulders
Ensuring the well-being of a loved one placed into a nursing home can be obtained by adopting a variety of methods. Before placing a loved one in a facility, research one the right facility must be made. With the right facility, the possibilities of becoming a victim diminish. These are some ways to find the best and safest match for the resident:
- Look at the resident’s demeanor towards the facility
- Finding a nursing home that is prestigious but that is also nearby
- Taking the opinions and information of other family members into consideration
- Determining whether Medicare or Medicaid certifies that facility
- Writing down specific inquiries about the nursing home’s functions
- Looking at the value of the facility by going to see it
For the loved one’s sake, compiling all factors must be performed. Important decisions like that cannot be taken immediately. Time Is needed when making this decision.
Nursing Home Facilities Located in Naples
These are some facilities that are located in Naples that can be selected:
- Lakeside Pavilion
- The Glenview at Pelican Bay
- ManorCare Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Terracina Grand
- Brookdale Naples
- Aston Gardens At Pelican Marsh
- Barrington Terrace of Naples
- Moorings Park at Grey Oaks
- Beach House Assisted Living
There are many facilities that someone can choose from which is why it is important to conduct investigations of every possible facility.
The Elderly Population’s Wellness and Lives are Protected
Naples, FL lawyers from the firm of Percy Martinez for nursing home abuse are compassionate, comprehensive, and professional. They dedicate themselves to the victims.They strive to achieve the best outcome for their clients and ensure that all of the damages that were inflicted upon them are recovered through the litigation process. Knowing that our loved ones are safe and healthy are important aspects of a person’s life. Ensuring that they are being taken care of appropriately and with professional care is a key element in asserting great years to come for the resident.