Tender boats are a common form of transportation of passengers and crew members to and from a larger aquatic vessel. You may have embarked on a tender boat to see a shore excursion and perform other activities while on your cruise. You were excited to experience new things, but suddenly, while trying arrive to the shore, you get injured on the tender boat. Who is liable? The cruise ship or tender boat? These cases can be very difficult because you may have two companies involved in the matter.
Maybe the tender boat was operator by someone the cruise line hired, or maybe it was an independent contractor. Because of tender boat claims complexity, you will need one of our experienced litigators in addressing your case.
Why Do Tender Boat Accidents Occur?
Usually, passengers do not have much experience on how to get in and out of a tender boat. Imagine that there was some sort of hazard or negligence that caused the passenger to get hurt on the tender boat. Now, you have the dangers and the passenger’s inexperience intertwined that can lead to grave harms and even death. Some reasons why they occur are:
- A negligence in the operation of the tender boat
- Poorly trained and skilled crew members on tender boats
- A lack of maintenance
- No adequate safety measures
- Severe weather conditions
- Not enough personnel helping in the transition from the tender boat to the cruise ship
- Lack of supervision
- Improperly securing the tender boat
Injuries from Tender Boat Accidents
You may be surprised to find that tender boat accidents are not rare. They happen mainly because of negligence and inexperience. These are accidents that could be completely avoided if taken the required precautions. Unfortunately, these accidents still occur resulting in numerous amounts of different injuries ranging from minor to catastrophic. Some of those injuries can be:
- Loss of limbs
- Internal Bleeding
- Brain damage
- Back trauma
- Spinal cord wounds
- Lacerations to the body
- Neck impairments
Suffering a tender boat accident can change your whole life. It may leave you with a disability, or with a life-threatening condition. It is quite sad to think that your whole life can be changed in a negative way because of someone’s careless acts that could have been eluded. Cruise ships are a company that should be up to standards with all safety regulations and procedures.
What to Do After the Incident
In order to secure a solid case, you must perform certain tasks. You may be going through a lot of pain, but you have to be able to have a clear mind as to what to do next.
- Try to take pictures and videos of the scene and your injuries.
- Gather information on everyone who was present at the time of the accident. This includes their names, addresses, phone numbers, alternative forms of contact, and what they saw.
- Fill out a report of the accident with someone who is legally allowed.
- Seek immediate medical assistance, and keep documentation of the papers doctors may give you.
- Seek the help of a litigator who has dealt with maritime laws and tender boat accidents.
Adhering by taking these steps can either make or break your case. Documentation is vital because it plays in favor to our case.
Law that Applies to Tender Boats
Because tender boats are separate from the actual cruise ship, there are a few factors that play into a case involving a tender boat. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What relationship did the cruise line and the operator of the tender boat have?
- Was the tender boat the cruise lines property?
- Was the tender boat operated by a crew member of the cruise line?
- Was the tender boat operated by a third party?
- Was the third party hired by the cruise line?
Most cruise line companies will not own up to being responsible for a tender boat accident when a claim is filed against them. They will probably argue about how the company of the tender boat is the one liable for the damages since the pains were sustained on the tender boat, or how they are not to be held liable for acts that were carelessly performed by the tender boat maneuver because they work through independent contracts.
These cases can bring complex legal matters due to so many exterior factors.
Case Studies Involving Tender Boat Accidents
- A passenger from Carnival Cruise line endured a broken tibia after trying to exit a tender boat. The tender boat had moved away from the dock, which caused her leg to fall into a gap. Her case ended with a $125,000 settlement.
- A passenger from Cunards Queen Elizabeth Cruise line lost her life after trying to board the ship from a tender boat. The accident was caused by poorly trained crew members. The family of the victim won the settlement of $1.5 Million. Although, no amount of money will ever bring her back.
How We Manage Tender Boat Claims
Our team of professional attorneys have handled countless claims involving tender boat accidents. We know the scope around every maritime law, and ships insurance companies trying to avoid liability. Our proven record has never failed us. We cannot deny that right now is a moment in time in your life where you are feeling really down and depressed but, be made aware that your pain and suffering is also being fought for, not just the monetary gain.
You didn’t deserve what happened to you. Now, our goal is to seek justice for your harms and have those at fault pay for their negligence. Do not lose your spirit. Get in contact with us today: (305)529-0001.
Related Cruise Ship Accident Services
- Cruise Ship Sexual Assault & Rape
- Cruise Ship Injury or Death
- Cruise Ship Slip and Fall
- Crew Member Accident
- Crew Member Arbitration
- Defective Cruise Ship Equipment
- Cruise Ship Passenger Accident
- Stair Case Accident Cruise Ship
- Missing Person Cruise Ship
- Sliding Door Cruise Ship Accident
- Gangway Accidents
Related Cruise Line Injuries