The beautiful city of Miami has many swimming pool and beaches. Every year, millions of people make their way to Florida to have the best time of their lives at the golden beaches and blue waters offering panoramic views. With increased number of peoples coming here, the numbers of accidents have also increased exponentially. In such scenarios Miami pool or beach accident lawyer come handy who serve people in Miami Beach, Miami City, Doral, Hialeah and Coral Gables.
Miami Pool Accidents
Among pools, lakes, and beaches, the former ones cause most accidents since these are present inside the parameters of your house, hotel, resort, or any other place of stay. Swimming pools and hot tubs, when left uncovered, pose a serious threat to the lives of toddlers, children, and young people who don’t know how to swim. The law in Miami demands you to seek a permit from the authorities before installing a pool. By asking the permission, you agree to abide by all the restrictive regulations.
Common Swimming Pool Accidents
Pool inspectors and authorized electricians also come to check the safety of the swimming pool. Contact a Miami pool or beach accident lawyer who can help you defend your case in the court. We deal in all sorts of water accidents; either it is swimming pool (residential, public, and hotel), a hot tub, water park, beach, or any other place, we are ready to help you with our top of the chart law services.
We have compiled a list of the reasons why water accidents occur at swimming pools, beaches, and water parks/lakes;
- The majority of swimming pool accidents are by mishaps on diving boards.
- uncovered pools tend to cause accidents due to inappropriate fencing.
- Most of accidents that occur at a beach or lake is because of insufficient supervision, absence of lifeguards or lack of following safety guidelines.
Speak with a Miami Pool or Beach Accident Lawyer
If you have been suffering from any water caused accidents then contact us a Miami pool or beach accident lawyer today at 305 529 0001 and talk to Percy Martinez about your situation. Swimming Pool Accidents are shocking when we consider the water accidents caused by swimming pools. Statistics show that around 1,000 children drown and more than 5,000 are injured annually in swimming pool accidents. And these numbers are increasing at an alarming rate. Mostly toddlers, ranging from one year to four years, drown in swimming pools due to the absence of fences around the pool or lack of care by parents. Furthermore, there are hundreds of adults who are involved in water accidents, at pools and hot tubs, because of their drinking habits.
Drinking and Pool Accidents
When alcohol and pools combine, these result in more than 50% of all water-related causalities in adults. Moreover, grownups face injuries to the head, spinal cord, and bruises to different parts of their bodies.therefore, get in touch with Miami pool or beach accident lawyer if you have suffered due to a negligent action.
There are two types of swimming pools which we see around us here in Miami;
These pools provide an easy access to children, most of which drown in them. The owners of the pools should install fences around them, to minimize the chances of accidents.
These pools are harder to get to thus, lowering risk. However, the ladder will pose risk. Damaged and death can be reduced with these pools are gated.
Pool Diving Accidents
Apart from mere drowning accidents, people face injuries and even death while diving from the diving boards. This because when you dive into shallow water, the chances are that your forehead will hit the bottom of the pool. Fatal injuries, coma, and even death result from pool diving accidents. The brain and spinal cord usually suffer injuries from diving into a pool.
To avoid diving accidents, ensure that the water you’re diving into isn’t too shallow. Moreover, make sure that there aren’t any debris in the water which you might hit when jumping into the water. These precautionary measures can save you from the agony of pain which follows water-borne injuries. Speak with a Miami pool or beach accident lawyer and obtain the compensation you deserve.
To help you minimize the chances of accident caused by water, we have further come up with some rules which should be followed in and around swimming pools;
- For in-ground pools, use enclosures which should be locked when the facility is not in use. Enclosures not only ensure safety, but these look beautiful and keep your pool clean as well.
- The walls around your pool, either in-ground or above ground, should be almost 4 feet tall.
- Make sure there are self-latching and self-closing doors installed in on the pool walls. This is because the doors will automatically close when someone will enter or exit the pool.
- Keep the upholstery away from the pool so young children won’t jump into the water using this furniture.
- Install pool doors with alarm, which will automatically go off when the door is unexpectedly opened.
- For above-ground pools, use removable ladders which should be removed once the pool is not in use.
- Keep an eye on children whenever they’re outside. Constant supervision is necessary for the protection of your kids from pool hazards.
- If you’ve hired a babysitter, talk to her about potential pool hazards and instruct her to not let children inside the pool.
- Flotation devices should be always present inside your pool. These can be handy if your kid jumps into the pool in your absence.
- Keep the precautionary measure in place around the pool. Have a telephone or an emergency bell near the pool so the child can use it in the case of an emergency.
- Seek the services of a professional pool instructor to view the security measures of your facility. Abide by their instructions to ensure maximum safety.
You can encounter an accident through multiple ways while on the beach. Either you’re swimming, surfing, diving from a boat, kayak paddling, or doing any other fun activity, you could face serious injuries when hit by a fast traveling wave. You must talk to a Miami Pool or Beach Accident Lawyer if you or someone you know has suffered an injury. Accidents occur at beaches because of;
Tides are at fault for most water accidents at the beach. In this situation, water first pushes you towards the beach then pulls you back into the deeps of the ocean. You are completely engulfed by water waves. The situation is critical as your oxygen supply is cut for the time being and if you aren’t a skillful swimmer then life-threatening consequences could occur.
In this situation, massive waves break and a new wave push these broken waves sideways. As a result, the speed of the nascent wave is very swift and it pushes the swimmers into deeps of the ocean. The best way to save yourself from riptide and undertow is by swimming sideways. Stay calm and avoid struggling with the waves.
Tips and Guidelines for Beach or Pool
Here, we have come up with some other tips which you should keep in mind while swimming on a beach or in a lake;
- Never swim on your own. First, learn proper swimming from a swimming school then make your way to beaches and lakes.
- If you’re coming to a beach with your children, keep an eye on them and accompany them when going into the water.
- Relying too much on flotation devices could be fatal as a high wave could turn you topsy-turvy, and you could lose your support in a split second.
- When caught in huge waves, swim sideways and don’t swim against the flow of the waves.
- Don’t drink or do drugs before jumping into a lake or going to beach.
- Always swim close to a lifeguard and call one when you think you’re about to drown. Moreover, read the swimming instructions carefully before swimming in the open.
- Seek consultation from a Miami swimming accident lawyer, who can help educate you on the laws and regulations of swimming in pools, lakes, and beaches.
Get in Touch with a Miami Pool or Beach Accident Lawyer
Percy Martinez, personal injury attorney, is a name which resonates around the legal world here in Miami. With our services, you can not only learn about the rules which govern water accident laws but can fight your case in the court as well. Pool accidents are common in Miami. Therefore, speak with a Miami pool and beach accident lawyer today at 305 529 0001 to discuss your case. We have a history of providing individual focus to every client and prepare their case according to its unique needs.