Accidents can be caused by many factors such as, negligent driving, recklessness, and hazardous objects on the road. Along with these causes, mechanical failure is a common source in accidents developing. The term mechanical failure is when products that are designed by manufacturers, are not properly tested for their performance, which results in either serious injuries or death. Any defective product can encompass a grave danger, but when it is auto parts that are defective, then the risk of injuring or killing numerous people at the same time is greater.
Determining who is responsible for the mechanical failure and be a tricky process. The best way to be sure that the responsibility does not fall on yourself, is to maintain your vehicle in a well preserved state, that way you could determine if it was a part wear out, or a mechanical failure that caused the accident. Here are some components of determining who is liable:
- Did the owner know about the problem?
- Was the car recently serviced?
- Were there any parts that were carelessly designed?
The Threats of Faulty Auto Parts
You can see mechanical failure coming about in just about every type of vehicle; cars, motorcycles, and trucks. Having a vehicle that carries a defective part could well be part of its structure, its safety equipment, or its mechanics. Some defectiveness includes but are not limited to:
- A malfunction if turning signals, or headlights; these help the driver see and indicate where they are going to turn. Without this properly working, it can result in an unforeseen accident.
- Air bags not deploying; an airbag can potentially save your life and if it is not properly working, that increases your chances of suffering a severe injury or a fatality
- Steering system malfunction; when this fails, it becomes quite difficult to gain control of the vehicle, and results in a sudden loss of handle
- Tires blowing up; tires tend to wear out, this is why the driver needs to be aware if their tired are wasted and act fast in replacing them
- The brakes not working; they can either wear out in time, or have a malfunctioning ABS system
- Inadequate seat belts; always buckle up, this can restrain you from hitting your head against the dashboard, side windows, and even the wheel. It can serve as a restraint from you flying out of your car.
Many injuries and even fatalities can be sustained as a result of any of these mechanical failures. Injuries like disfigurement, head injuries, back injuries, internal organs injury, and can even result in a wrongful death.
Some of these victims who do survive a serious accident can end up suffering their whole life and having to life with a disability that changes their professional, personal, and physical life. Our mission is to help anyone who has suffered at the hands of a negligent manufacturer. Week seek compensation for the victims and families of mechanical failures.
Contact A Miami Legal Practitioner Today
Were you a victim of a mechanical malfunction? You could be awarded for all your wrongs including medical costs, future wage losses, and any disability endured. At Percy Martinez Personal Injury attorney, our team of legal practitioners are here for you every need. Don’t delay in finding out about your rights and compensation.
Related Types of Accidents
- Head On Collision
- Rear End Collision
- Side Impact Collision
- Highway Defects
- Reckless Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Failure to Yield
- Hit and Run