Traveling by a cruise ship has become an increasing way of vacationing for people around the United Sates. There are more than 20 million people who travel each year on a cruise ship. Royal Caribbean can have vessels containing more than 6,000 passengers. Encountering an injury during this time is an inevitable thing to happen. They may be caused by an accident that could have been avoided, or by negligence from the cruise ship and its crewmembers.
The Royal Caribbean cruise line has seven classes in total: Quantum class, Oasis class, Freedom class, Voyager class, Radiance class, Vision class, and Sovereign class, of which different vessels are assigned. Each vessel has different activities that you can do while on board, but with each activity, more risks to injuries come about. Most of their ships are like an amusement park for profit purposes.
Royal Caribbean Cruise Line is among the biggest cruise line there is. Because of so many passengers, variety of activities, and many ships in operation, they are also one of the cruise line that has the most mishaps. If you have a loved one, friend, or have yourself been injured while on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship, you are more than likely entitled to large sum of compensation. Maritime cases are difficult. You will need assistance from one of our expert personal injury lawyers.
Injuries on Royal Caribbean
Royal Caribbean is the second largest cruise line company in the world. They have thousands and thousands of passengers boarding their cruise lines each year. Enduring an injury can occur quite often while boarding a Royal Caribbean cruise. They can be caused by accidents, suicides, negligence, foul-play, and other reasons.
Some injuries may be minor, some may end in a fatally, while others can have a life-long lasting effect to the person. Taking preventative measures and ensuring everything is well-maintained is a cruise ships responsibility. They need to ensure the safety of their crew members and passengers. When they fail to do so, accidents and traumas occur.
Some damages that a person can receive during their time on a Royal Caribbean cruise are:
- Injuries deriving from criminal acts such as, rape, sexual assault, battery, robbery, physical altercations, and more
- Injuries deriving from negligence’s such as, slip and falls, mechanical failure, lack of security, lack of medical assistance, poor maintenance of the ship, lack of personnel, lack of warning signs, and more.
- Injuries deriving from bad weather such as, waves, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes, and more.
These causes can all lead to catastrophic injuries. Safety measures need to be reinforced throughout all cruise lines because people should be having a good time, not suffering the loss of someone, or going through a traumatic encounter in their life.
Statistics onboard Royal Caribbean
- Between January 2013 and March 2013, there were 2 allegations of assault with serious bodily injury, 3 allegations of theft > $10,000, 2 allegations of rape, and 3 allegations of sexual assault.
- Between April 2013 and March 2013, there were 2 alleged rapes, and 4 alleged thefts > $10,000.
- Between April 2014 and June 2014, there were 2 allegations of rape and 2 allegations of sexual assault.
These incidents are just in the span of two months, so when you calculate it, it is quite a lot to occur on a cruise ship.
Cases on Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship
- A female passenger aboard the Empress of the seas, which is owned by the Royal Caribbean Line, slipped and fell suffering permanent trauma. The floor that led to the deck was waxed to the point of it almost being like ice. There were no warning signs placed, no ropes were placed around the area, no slip-resistant rugs were placed, and the door was not locked to disable access to the area. This negligence led to her injuries.
- The cruise ship Anthem of the Seas, one of their largest ships, was on the South Carolina coast when a hurricane with high force winds and waves crashed against the cruise ship. Four passengers were injured and substantial damage was done to the ship.
- A 22-year old male went overboard in December 2016. He had intentionally gone overboard as an attempt to suicide at 1:45 a.m. After a search and rescue, he was not found.
- A 32-year-old woman fell overboard from Japan to China on Royal Caribbean cruise. She was found alive more than 38 hours later floating in the sea.
- A nine-year-old boy sustained a traumatic brain injury after being in the child-care program on Royal Caribbean cruise line when trying to play a game called “pizza bowl”. This occurred in 2014.
Have You Been a Victim of Royal Caribbean Cruise Line?
If so, we are here to aid you in this hardship. We have more than two decades of experience dealing with victims who have undergone either a loss, an accident, a crime, and an injury during their time a board a Royal Caribbean Cruise line vessel. We know how the Royal Caribbean functions in the ways of how to get rid of their responsibility for your damages. Their goal is to gain profit, not losing it by paying for your harms.
At our law firm, we dedicate ourselves in combating cruise line companies who do not want to own up to their mistakes. We seek full compensation for all your traumas, and any expenses made after the trauma. We know that this is a difficult time in your life, but do not be afraid to make a stand and claim what is yours. If you want to be treated like more than just a ‘client’, contact us today. We empathize with your situation. Reach us at (305) 529-001.
Related Cruise Ship Accident Services
- Cruise Ship Sexual Assault & Rape
- Cruise Ship Injury or Death
- Cruise Ship Slip and Fall
- Crew Member Accident
- Crew Member Arbitration
- Defective Cruise Ship Equipment
- Cruise Ship Passenger Accident
- Stair Case Accident Cruise Ship
- Missing Person Cruise Ship
- Sliding Door Cruise Ship Accident
- Tender Boat Accident
- Gangway Accidents
Related Cruise Line Injuries