Regent Seven Seas Cruise line is made up of four vessels: Seven Seas Explorer, Seven Seas Mariner, Seven Seas Voyager, and Seven Seas Navigator. It is a smaller cruise line when compared to Carnival Cruise line that has 25 operational vessels. They make voyage around the whole world, which to many passengers is an attraction. Their main focus is on luxury rather than activities because they are not that big and do not hold that many passengers. Although their ships have a capacity of under 1,000 passengers, and weigh approximately 45,000 tons, there is still room for injuries to occur.
Law of Regent Seven Seas Claims
Regent Seven Seas is a subset of the Norwegian Cruise Lines so any dispute or claim made has to be done in Miami, Fl. You can challenge the area of dispute, but these request almost always fail. You have a one-year time frame to report your injuries and file your claim, but there are some companies that require you to do it within the first 6 months.
Do not wait to file you claim. We are located in Miami, Florida and can assist you in placing your claim against Regent Seven Seas Cruise line for your damages. The longer you wait, the less likely you will have enough time to gather all the documentation and evidence you will need to make your lawsuit.
Cruise Ship Injuries
You won’t imagine the types of injuries that one can encounter while setting sail on a cruise ship that should ultimately be a great time in your life. Unfortunately, not every vacationers time ends with happy moments. If you have been through a mishap while on board a Regent Seven Seas cruise ship, we have the understanding and the exposure to victims who have been through this hardship. Do not hesitate, or wait any longer. You need professional guidance. There are some injuries that occur more often than others, but some of the injuries include:
- Broken hips, legs, arms, fingers, pelvis bones, and more
- Severe trauma to the brain, neck, back, spinal cord and head
- Internal organ injuries
- Man overboard, death, suicides
- Loss of limbs
- Rape, battery, robbery, sexual assault
How Injuries Happen
With every injury, there is a story behind it. The most common reason why someone gets into an accident and endures an injury is due to negligence. Along with negligence, there are many other reasons that play a role in someone’s harm. Some of the reasons, but not limited to, as to why people get injured on a cruise ship are:
- Mechanical Malfunctions
- Grave weather conditions
- Medical malpractice
Being injured can change the rest of your life. You may get away with just a minor injury, but there are some unfortunate people who suffer life-long disabilities and even loss of life. Cruise line companies are mandated to have their ship maintained up-to-date, and provide adequate medical care for anyone injured while on board. If they do not follow regulations and standards, you are owed monetary recompenses for any medical fees, loss of wages, and any other expenses related to your injury.
Statistics of Cruise Ship Mishaps
- Between the year 2009 and 2013, there has been a total of 303 injuries deriving from 203 types of incidents. These incidents include fire and explosions, technical failure, grounding, waves/storms, allisions/collisions, and other. Out of all those mishaps, there have been a total of 50 deaths.
- Between the year 2009 and 2013, there has been a total of 100 people going overboard. From those 100 people, 80 of them ended in fatalities and 20 of them were able to be rescued.
- Between the year 2010 and 2014, there has been a total of 62 gastrointestinal outbreaks, which resulted in 10,612 people becoming sick. The year with the most outbreaks and sick people was in 2012 where 16 outbreaks occurred resulting in 3,064 passengers infected.
- There have been three to four fires a year before the year 2006. From 2006 until now, the fires have doubled in numbers to seven and eight a year.
- 98 cruise ships were run aground between 1972 to 2011. That’s an average of 2.5 ships a year.
These are just a part of the many statistics associated with cruise ships. Nothing is ever completely safe. Don’t be blinded by the fact that you are having a good time. Always be aware and take caution on a cruise ship.
Cases involving injuries on Regent Seven Seas
- A fire erupted on a 700 passenger cruise ship after a grave storm hit their ship with 30 to 40 foot waves. According to the Seven Seas cruise ship, nobody was injured, but damages to the vessel were sustained.
- A crewmember named Michael Armando endured injuries while working on Regent Seven Seas in 2011 and filed a claim.
- A seaman of Regent Seven Seas filed a lawsuit against the cruise line company for negligence, unseaworthiness of their ship, and a failure to treat him of his medical conditions.
We Know What to Do
Has a trauma received changed your life while on board a Regent Seven Seas cruise ship? Then we are your answer. Our record of successful cases handled of victims from cruise ships speaks for itself. At Percy Martinez Law Firm, we know the maritime laws to the last detail. We have gained considerable amount of knowledge through our education and encounters with cruise ship injury victims for over 20 years.
We will fight for your rights and reach for the full compensation of your damages. Don’t feel loss. We are your light in this dark tunnel. Speak with one of us today: (305) 529-0001.
Related Cruise Ship Accident Services
- Cruise Ship Sexual Assault & Rape
- Cruise Ship Injury or Death
- Cruise Ship Slip and Fall
- Crew Member Accident
- Crew Member Arbitration
- Defective Cruise Ship Equipment
- Cruise Ship Passenger Accident
- Stair Case Accident Cruise Ship
- Missing Person Cruise Ship
- Sliding Door Cruise Ship Accident
- Tender Boat Accident
- Gangway Accidents
Related Cruise Line Injuries