A boating accident is quite dangerous. When a boating accident occurs, it is important to investigate and evaluate. Boating accidents happen from small boats to large cruise ships all across Miami. Negligence of the boating accidents taking place in Miami can lead to serious or even deadly injuries. Percy Martinez is a Miami boat accident Lawyer who has over 20 years of experience handling boating accidents in Miami.
Common Causes of boat accidents
The boat accidents are almost as common as car accidents; Nevertheless, the collision of a ship with another boat is the most common cause of severe injury or sudden death in boating accidents. Other injuries that are possible on the ship are the slip and falls, drunk driving, and reckless driving.
Here are the other common causes of the ship accidents:
Water sports, for instance, swimming, fishing, jet skiing, and water skiing is quite popular, and thus, they can cause serious injuries and even death.
By participating in these kinds of water activities, one is susceptible to the potential threats, mostly when someone is negligent or intoxicated.
There are millions of boats in the ocean and the lakes nowadays, which is why around 5,000 boat accidents occur every year and they either result in serious injuries or sudden death.
Miami Boat Accident Lawyer
The Miami boat accident lawyers at our firm are dedicated people, who are efficient in helping the client in achieving the result they want. These qualified attorneys understand the requirements of the clients when it comes to boat accident cases. Thus, we make sure that our experts help the clients in achieving their objective as our firm represents only reputed attorneys.
SAFETY TIPS BOATING TIPS IN MIAMI
The following are the safety tips:
- You need some essential items before you go for boating, for instance, flashlights with extra batteries, flares, matches, a map of the ocean, a first-aid kit, sunscreen lotion, and a pair of sunglasses.
- It is vital for you to consider the weather condition before you head off to the ocean. You can also check the weather forecast for any shift in the weather. However, if you are in the sea and you see the signs of the weather shifting then you should head off to the shore immediately.
- Do not drink or even carry alcohol for any activity on the water. Alcohol is the leading cause of the fatalities as it makes the individual lose his control.
The U.S. Power Squadron, the U.S. Coast Guard, the Red Cross, and many others provide boating courses in Miami, and thus, they can assist or teach you how to properly navigate, manage emergency procedures, learn the effects of the wind, water conditions, and the environment.
- You shouldn’t participate in the water activities unless you know how to swim, and if you can’t swim, learn about the potential threats in and around water.
- Make sure you provide safety tips for any of your friends or family members before you head to the ocean.
- Check the boat thoroughly before, identify any issues in the engine as well as the quantity of the additional fuel on the vessel.
- Ensure that Coast Guard approves the life vests you are using. Make sure that there are enough life jackets for you, the passengers, and for the small children.
The Jones Act
The Jones Act, 46 USC 688, is a federal maritime law, which protects the people who were and still are used to work on a ship either as a seaman, commercial fisherman, or a crew member. It is a sort of insurance coverage for every crew member. The Jones Act can be applicable in Miami.
Jet Ski Accidents
Jet skis can be dangerous when it gets in the hands of a careless and negligent driver. The jet skier is likely going to get injured on the water than on any other type of watercraft. The jet ski accident can cause severe injuries to the rider, for instance, drowning, carbon monoxide poisoning, burns, amputations, head injuries, and many other injuries. These accidents mostly occur because the individual is not skilled enough to ride the Jet Ski. On the other hand, these injuries can happen to even the most experienced riders.
Speak with a Miami Boat Accident Lawyer
Contact the personal injury lawyer Miami of Percy Martinez law office. You would be able to communicate with an expert, who is proficient in handling boat accident cases. Moreover, you would know about your legal rights and options according to your boat accident case. For more information, or to contact our experts, call us on the following number: (305) 529-0001