Since ancient times, there has always been an individual who has been instructed to heal people, some known as shamans, witch doctors, etc. Today, we have what is called medical professionals, some for general medicine, and others for specific areas of the human body such as cardiologists, gynecologists, neurologists, just to name a few. These medical providers spend years studying the science of medicine, practicing their skills, becoming educated about how they are going to help make lives better, yet, many fail to do so. Some of these medical providers commit what is known as “medical errors”, which are mistakes that they perform due to medical negligence. While some of these mistakes are minuscule and do not cause the patient any harm, some of these errors can amount to a medical malpractice claim. When the negligence committed by the health care provider is so severe that it leaves the patient with damages or results in their death, then that medical negligence turns into a case of medical malpractice. At Larking Community Hospital, they offer outpatient services, inpatient services, and emergency services, which are all areas where a medical malpractice lawsuit can develop from.
These are their three locations:
- Larkin Community Hospital: Emergency Room
South Miami, FL · (305) 284-7500
Open 24 hours
- Larkin Community Hospital
Hialeah, FL · (305) 558-2500
Open 24 hours
- Larkin Community Hospital Behavioral Health Services
Hollywood, FL · (954) 962-1355
Competent Miami Medical Malpractice lawyers from Percy Martinez Law Firm know that a lawsuit for medical malpractice can derive from any of their following services including:
- Adolescent Psychiatry Program
- Cancer Center
- Center for Advanced Orthopedics
- Doctor at Home
- Emergency Services
- Multi-Specialty Center
- Nursing Department
- Outpatient Behavioral Health
- Robotics Prostatectomy
- Vascular Center
Has a medical negligence during your care at Larking Community Hospital rendered you disabled? Are you seeking justice for the damages that have been done to you or your loved one? Speak with our attorneys specialized with medical malpractice in Miami, FL. We can help you better understand all the details involved with medical malpractice.
Circumstances That Can Render You a Victim of Medical Malpractice in Miami
Physicians undergo different procedures every minute of the day, particularly because people suffer from different medical problems and there are various specialized doctors to treat those specific conditions. With so many procedures happening at any given moment, there are numerous situations that a patient can be placed in that can lead to a medical malpractice lawsuit at Larking Community Hospital. Some of those situations can include:
- Improper Diagnosis Medical Malpractice Lawsuit: Medical malpractice lawsuits are composed of 1/3 of them being due to diagnostic errors. In other words, either there is a delay in their diagnosis, they are not being diagnosed at all, or the diagnosis that they are being told is not the correct one. Twelve million people share that faith each year. Faith in the medical field has been deteriorating throughout the years, mainly due to all the misdiagnosis cases that have been occurring. Whether a doctor fails to recognize symptoms, does not read the patient’s medical chart, does not order all necessary tests, or fails to notice changes in the patient’s vital signs, misdiagnosis is a big issue for Americans. The worst part is that many Americans do not even know that they were misdiagnosed, which is why our Miami Medical malpractice firm always suggests seeking the second opinion of another doctor, particularly if you have been diagnosed with a critical condition or believe that you have something worse than what the doctors are stating you have.
- Surgical Mistake Medical Malpractice Lawsuit: There are millions of surgeries that are happening yearly in the United States. Some of those operations are absolutely needed, while others are elected like plastic surgery. Whether it is a neurosurgeon, plastic surgeon, general surgeon, or other skilled professional for operations, a mistake during a surgery can be costly. Even the slightest error like cutting too deep into the tissue can cause the patient nerve damage. Surgeries are extremely delicate and should be treated as such. Our expert team of Medical malpractice lawyers tend to find that miscommunication between surgical staff, lack of experience of the surgeon, distractions, and other medical negligences play major roles in why medical malpractice during surgeries occur.
- Medical Malpractice Birth Injury Lawsuit: Expectant mothers are overfilled with joy when they learn that they are pregnant. They do everything they have to: visit their doctor every month to ensure that everything is going well with the baby and mother. They comply with all tests demanded by their doctor, take their prenatal vitamins, and eat healthy to ensure that their unborn child gets the nutrients they need to develop normally. Despite all the efforts that the mother may do, a birth injury can come by the hands of the medical provider that is supposed to deliver the baby safely. They might use a birth-assisting tool incorrectly and put too much pressure on the baby’s head, they might pull on the infant’s shoulders too roughly leading them to have shoulder dystocia, they might even fail to monitor the baby’s vital signs while the mother is under anesthesia; all medical negligences that can lead to a medical malpractice lawsuit for birth injury.
- Medical Malpractice Medication Error Lawsuit: Did you know that about seven in ten Americans take some type of prescription for a certain condition they have? Whether it is diabetes, a heart condition, or another health issue, medication is prescribed to treat and help their condition get better. Sadly, there are numerous medication mistakes that are committed like the doctor prescribing their patient the wrong one, the nurses improperly administering the drug, and even the pharmaceutical companies not labeling their drugs correctly. These medication errors are medical negligences that can end with the loss of life. Just imagine that you are prescribed a medication of which your medical chart clearly states you are allergic to, but your doctor failed to evaluate your chart? The results could be devastating. Unfortunately, about 1.5 million people are injured every year by these types of medication mistakes.
Now that you understand some situations that can lead to a medical malpractice lawsuit, do not stop learning of other circumstances that you can come in contact with that can render you a victim of medical malpractice, such as:
- Early Discharge
- Not Preventing Infections
- Failing to follow-up
- Insufficient testing
- Not reading tests results correctly
- Not referring patient to a specialized doctor
You could file a medical malpractice lawsuit for any of these medical negligences if you sustained injuries or death of a loved one. Certain requirements must be met beforehand. Learn some details about medical malpractice lawsuits below.
Do I Really Need a Medical Malpractice Lawyer to Handle My Claim?
This is a question that many potential plaintiffs ask themselves because they think about the money that it will cost them to hire one. Some facts that most individuals do not know about the benefits of hiring a skilled medical malpractice attorney from our firm include:
- Will obtain you the maximum compensation you deserve
- We understand the medical terminology involved with your case
- Access to medical experts
- Able to obtain all medical records
- Throughout investigation of your claim
- 24/7 communication
- Compassionate understanding
- Skilled legal knowledge
The brief answer to this question is yes. The odds are not in your favor if you decide to handle a claim of medical malpractice on your own. Medical malpractice is a complex area of personal injury law that requires knowledgeable expert lawyers for medical malpractice in Miami, FL. If you want to boost your chances of winning, hire Miami medical malpractice lawyers from our firm.
Information That Will Leave You Breathless
- More deaths come from medical malpractice cases than due to vehicular accidents (Almost half a million deaths)
- From 1,000 babies that are born, about eight of them will endure a birth injury
- Mistakes with prescribed drugs injure about 1.5 million individuals yearly
- An average of 33% of medical malpractice claims involve diagnostic errors
- One of every three medical professionals sued are surgeons
- One of every five cases of medical malpractice that go to the jury end in the plaintiff’s favor
- 60% of victims of medical malpractice are females
- About 34% of claims for medical malpractice involve a surgical mistake
- Initial misdiagnosis will come to one in three cancer patients
We Will Represent You Until the End
Our Medical Malpractice professional lawyers at Percy Martinez Law Firm in Miami, FL fight intensely for the rights of their clients. In addition to the expert knowledge they hold for medical malpractice, they offer their clients their compassionate hands. They understand the difficult process that a victim of medical malpractice goes through and might have to face the consequences of that for the rest of their life. For that reason, they do not rest until the damages that have been done to their client are paid for by those responsible for the medical malpractice. Come to discuss your potential medical malpractice lawsuit against Larkin Community Hospital with us today.
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1907&bih=923&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=mbqXW-34GuvO5gL-iIygDA&q=larkin+community+hospital&oq=larkin+community+hospital&gs_l=img.3..0l4j0i24l6.71399.74422..74593…0.0..0.84.1779.25……1….1..gws-wiz-img…….0i8i30.mtFpGQ0jB3o#imgrc=8C0SkvPFhMKUuM: – image
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1907&bih=923&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=5LqXW-TWJKHH5gLckZWQAg&q=do+i+really+need+medical+malpractice+lawyer&oq=do+i+really+need+medical+malpractice+lawyer&gs_l=img.3…40713.44958..45116…0.0..0.81.2934.43……1….1..gws-wiz-img…….0j0i67j0i8i30j0i24.JMEKlA1bDCk#imgrc=jyBuxUX3jP4p7M: – image