This may have been your first time on a cruise, and the excitement was just killing you. You may have always wanted to experience what it was like to be on a cruise. Unfortunately, throughout your fun moments, you endured an injury while aboard a Norwegian Cruise Line ship due to the ships negligent acts. What happens next?
Norwegian Cruise Line operates business activities like most Cruise line companies to maximize their profit. They mainly operate in Miami, Florida, but do business all around the United States. They try to squeeze in as much passengers as possible, which creates a disproportioned ratio of crew members and passengers. Once you have so many passengers to account for and not enough personnel to do so, omission, preventable accidents, and negligence occurs on a higher scale.
In our firm, we have represented many victims who have been seriously injured while on board a Norwegian Cruise vessel. Our skillful team knows what to do, what to ask, what answers to find, and how to win the full amount for your damages.
Injuries endured while On Board
One can sustain many traumas while on a cruise ship. You never know how you will get injured, when it will happen, or how severe it will be. You must take your own precautions, and you can never think that you are too safe even though you think nothing will happen. Cruise line companies are required to abide by the safety regulations and standards put into place, but if they did so accordingly, then why are there so many cases of people being injured, fatally wounded, lost at sea, and even missing due to negligence, lack of security, and recklessness aboard cruise ships?
Norwegian Cruise ships can weigh 150,000 tons and have as many as 4,000 passengers at one time. The more the passengers, the more risks in potential people getting hurt. Some of the damages that one can acquire while on board a Norwegian Cruise line ship are the following:
Malfunctioning equipment on the ship: Sliding doors closing in on someone, railings that are loose which cause someone to fall, stair steps that are uneven in dimension making someone fall down the stairway.
Criminal activity on board: Due to the lack of trained security employees, criminal activity aboard a cruise ship happens a lot. Being sexually assaulted, raped, robbed, physical battery, foul-play, and murdered are some crimes that could occur to someone while aboard a Norwegian cruise line vessel.
Too much to drink: Being on a cruise is all about having fun, right? Too a certain point. Being so intoxicated to the point of losing your senses on a moving ship makes matters worse. You could slip and fall overboard.
Medical Malpractice: Despite Cruise Line companies giving the appearance of being the best way to travel, their medical staff are not fully equipped. We often find that Norwegian cruise line medical facilities have old machinery, and cannot deal with grave injuries. Did you know that before cruise ships did not have medical malpractice liability if you were assisted by a doctor while on board? If he or she did something wrong that made you injured even further, they took no responsibility for it.
Negligent acts: Allowing a spill to stay in an area of consistent use leading to slip and falls, not placing any warning signs, lack of slip-resistant material, uneven dimensions, and many more.
Cases on Norwegian Cruise Lines
- A female passenger sustained debilitating injuries to her left shoulder while on the Norwegian Dream. Her injury was caused by the negligence of Norwegian Cruise Line by allowing a combing to be too high, inadequate lighting, and no warning signs to advise you of the dangers ahead.
- There were 16 passengers injured on Norwegian Sky after their ship just suddenly made a change in maneuver causing it to lean on one side.
- Norwegian Breakaway had one of its rescue boats fall while the ship was at the port. This caused four crewmembers to fall into the water and sustain harms. There was one of the crewmember in really bad condition.
What to Do
Once you have undergone an injury on a Norwegian Cruise ship, it is very important that you take certain measures after the incident. The more information and documentation that you have, the better it will be for your case.
- Take pictures and video footage of your injuries and of the scene of the accident.
- Gather the information of all witnesses (passengers and crewmembers), including their name, address, phone number, and other methods of contact.
- Make a report with the adequate personnel of what happened.
- Seek medical care and follow-up after getting off the cruise ship.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer.
Get in Touch
Our firm has encountered numerous cases against Norwegian Cruise Lines due to their negligence. If you were a victim of their negligence, get in touch with us as soon as possible. We work for the maximum payment for all your damages. Our law firm has more than two decades in practice and have had successful cases involving cruise line carelessness.
We know very well the maritime laws and know how to deal with Norwegian Cruise line companies who will try and make you seem responsible for your own injuries. Do not let them win. Contact one of our litigators today and ask for their assistance in filing a claim against the cruise line. Our goal is to help you come out of this traumatic event in your life. We want what is best for you. (305)529-0001.
Related Cruise Ship Accident Services
- Cruise Ship Sexual Assault & Rape
- Cruise Ship Injury or Death
- Cruise Ship Slip and Fall
- Crew Member Accident
- Crew Member Arbitration
- Defective Cruise Ship Equipment
- Cruise Ship Passenger Accident
- Stair Case Accident Cruise Ship
- Missing Person Cruise Ship
- Sliding Door Cruise Ship Accident
- Tender Boat Accident
- Gangway Accidents
Related Cruise Line Injuries