Prior to a senior citizen that is admitted into a nursing home, the relatives, their essential specialists, and whatever other important data are looked into for example; particular needs, hypersensitivities, and other data required with the goal for them to get the most ideal care.This is the stage where the assessment comes into play. The nursing home facility will assess the resident and determine what is their best care of plan. Within that care of plan, the resident will have their meal plan which will contain the meals they need to eat, the amount they must eat, which foods they must avoid, and other medical information When the meal plan is not followed, or the nursing home staff members negligent to feed the resident, the senior citizen can suffer from malnutrition. Malnutrition is a complication that can lead to severe medical conditions, the worst being death.
Typically, residents that are admitted into these facilities are suffering from weak immune systems and medical conditions that may make them frail. If they are not fed, they will not regain their strength and endure further damage. Nursing home malnutrition lawyers in Hollywood, FL have seen the many consequences that can come to a resident that experiences malnutrition. No one should have to face that situation, but sadly, many elder residents are having to live it every day. Lack of healthy sustenance ought not to happen in nursing homes.
Nursing Home Lack of Proper Nourishment Is Conceivable
A senior occupant can experience the ill effects of lack of healthy sustenance while they are in a nursing home. There have been diverse reasons that have been related to lack of healthy sustenance in the elderly of nursing homes. Malnutrition can derive from the following negligences:
- Staff team not knowing how to handle the situation where a resident refuses to eat.
- Every occupant is not able to be cared for properly because there aren’t enough employees.
- Before being admitted into the facility, the occupant is not evaluated correctly.
- The necessities of the resident are not fulfilled with the care plan that was designed for them.
- Troublesome elders cannot be handled properly due to inexperienced nursing home staff members.
Nursing Home Material on malnutrition
- Lack of feeding the elderly have been found to cause 30 to 50 percent of underweight cases in nursing homes.
- In the U.S 33% of nursing home occupants are experiencing hunger.
Ailing health Is an Issue That Should Be Considered Important in Hollywood
Here at the firm of Percy Martinez in Hollywood for ailing health of the elderly in nursing homes, lack of healthy sustenance is a subject that is considered critical.The firm is constantly working alongside victims of this type of negligence and are striving for full compensation of their damages. Malnutrition should never be seen in anyone who is being cared for, especially not by healthcare facilities. Consult with them today, stress-free!