Those in need of health services could receive them from professional care faciltieis which provide them. They are composed of professional medical practitioners and have strict regulations that they must follow. Every facility will have their requirements for hiring employees, they will have safety procedures that they must adhere to, they will provide adequate care plans for their residents, and the needs of residents and patients will be fulfilled as an on a needed basis. These professional care facilities are there to ensure that any person who seeks their services are given those services at the best of their ability and with the standard of care in existence. When a resident is injured or suddenly dies in a professional care facility, questions will be asked, people will be investigated, and if malicious acts were the cause, someone will be found guilty. Wrongful deaths in these facilities, especially towards the elderly are not far-fetched.
Every year, residents die as a result of negligence and abuse, which in turn, turns out to be a wrongful death. When a wrongful death has been discovered, the surviving members of the victim can consult their concerns with an expert lawyer at the Ft. Lauderdale professional care facilities firm for wrongful death. In addition, departments like Children and Families will conduct their own investigations because incidents like that should not be occurring.
Wrongful Death in Residents Origins
The vast majority of wrongful death cases in any personal injury lawsuit is negligence, but abuse also plays a role in wrongful deaths of the elderly. Malicious intent and negligence are being exercised by those professionally trained to care for the residents. Some issues that could cause a wrongful death include:
- Resident suffering from various forms of abuse like emotional, physical, and sexual
- Lacking experience with medical instruments like feeding tubes
- Facility not exercising the safety rules
- Negligence during medical care leading to malpractice
- Hiring of criminal employees for a lack of background investigations
Number of Wrongful Death Cases of Residents
- In the year 1999, they found that 5,000 deaths of residents could have been prevented had there not been negligence
- The aftermath of hurricane Irma left numerous South Florian residents dead because the facility did not take precautions
- For almost 90 percent of nursing home facilities, the ratio of resident-staff members is not adequate
A wrongful death of a loved one could leave a long-lasting impact in a person’s life. Just know that they may still be alive is a feeling that may haunt a person. The lawyers at Percy Martinez’s Ft. Lauderdale firm for the wrongful death of the elderly express their deepest condolences for the family’s loss and strives to help them through this difficult moment in their lives. They will acquire the justice that the victim deserves.