A home health care agency is an organization that explains its function through its name. In other words, a home health care agency is an agency that offers care services and a home to those who don’t have. Many people turn to these agencies for help, but what many do not know is that these agencies are not strictly regulated like other professional care facilities. The end goal of a home health care agency is to provide professional care, yet they do not require to carry a permit nor certifications. This implies that someone who goes to receive services from them might be taken care of by someone who has not been certified by Medicare or Medicaid and who do not have the same skill set as would another professional who was certified in that area. This is quite concerning because when a person is dealing with the life of another, some skill, professional care, and even certifications should be present.
Before choosing a home health care agency as the answer, it is important to see whether they carry any licensing or certifications. A loved one should not have to face a possible personal injury due to their lack of knowledge. The level of care and treatment are given to the resident in the home health care may be of poor quality, causing them pain and suffering. The personal injury attorneys for injuries at home health care offices in Ft. Lauderdale do not comprehend why these facilities have not been required and mandated stricter requirements in Florida. That may prevent a number of personal injury cases that have come from inadequate care and lack of skill.
Reasons Why An Uncertified/Unlicensed Agency Could Cause Harm
The main reason why a home health care agency that lacks certifications and licenses could cause a resident harm is due to the fact that they might be unable to effectively control upcoming complications and emergency situations that arise in a resident. Their lack of knowledge might prevent them from effectively taking care of the resident. Some of those moments could be:
- When a resident develops a bedsore; knowing how to treat it and diagnose it quickly
- When an elder person has issues with mobility; being able to apply proper transportation techniques
- When a resident suffers from cognitive disorders; having staff gifted to deal with them
- When an inhabitant gets a contamination; having the capacity to recognize them promptly
- When the inhabitant requires pharmaceuticals; having professional providers that can administer it properly
Information With respect to Home Human services Offices
- For benefit home health care officers compromise 80% of these facilities
- The U.S has 12,400 Home health services offices
- A normal of 5 million people look for help from a home human services office consistently
At the point when an occupant from a home medicinal services office is harmed or is executed amid their stay, this could caution and requires consideration. On the off chance that carelessness or manhandle were found to have added to the mishap, the home social insurance organization could confront a punishment, paying little heed to their absence of prerequisites to be confirmed. Personal injury home health care attorneys at Percy Martinez Ft. Lauderdale law firm are pleased to help victims of such occurrence and have demonstrated time after time that they are committed to their clients.