Cosmetic Surgery Claims
These procedures are performed so that the person’s appearance can be enhanced to their liking. This is usually done because the patient elected to do so. Although it might be a surgery that has nothing to do with a person’s health, everything doesn’t always go according to plan. Errors can happen, and people can get hurt. Getting hurt from a medical malpractice cosmetic surgery can have an outcome of being a malpractice claim.
The Meaning of Cosmetic Surgery
Cosmetic surgery, also widely known as a subset to plastic surgery, is an operation that tries to repair any defects that were done to the body, or were natural to the body of the patient. These are some of the most frequent surgeries that people get:
- Augmentation of breasts
- Tummy tuck
- Reconstruction of the nose
- Lifting of the face and neck
- Liposuction (removal of fat)
With each of these surgeries, anything can go wrong, or the patient might not like what came out of the surgery, but that doesn’t mean it was a negligence from the surgeon’s side.
Constituents of Suing in Regards to a Cosmetic Surgery Malpractice
Any mistake done with a cosmetic surgery goes through the same process as any other medical malpractice claim.
Here are the general constituents involving cosmetic surgery malpractice:
- Actuality of a relationship with the surgeon and the patient: This usually is not a debate with surgical mistakes like cosmetic surgery.
- Violation of the standard care during the process: Another medical professional within the same field as the surgeon must come to the conclusion as to whether another surgeon under the identical circumstances would have done the same, or not have done the same as the surgeon who committed the error. Once this has been determined, then the expert needs to explain how was it that the violation took place.
- Injury occurred after the violation: Informed consent has to be made between the surgeon and patient, and if the patient agrees with it and decides to go ahead with it, then if something goes wrong, it won’t always mean that it is malpractice. Just because a patient does not like the way the procedure came out, or maybe they expected more, it does not mean that they were injured. Many juries will believe that someone who has filed for a cosmetic surgery claim just didn’t like how their nose job came out, or any other procedure.
Injuries that can be means for a claim are: Any infections, problems from the anesthesia (anesthesiologist would be sued), damages to the nerves, aesthetic damages, and scarring.
Cosmetic Surgery Error
If a cosmetic surgery procedure has left you with damages, you can have grounds for a medical malpractice claim if you follow all the steps, do it within the time limit, and have one of our personal injury attorneys come to your aid. Our team has a large-scale of comprehension with medical malpractice claims in relation to cosmetic surgery mistakes. Don’t let this consume your life.